Microsoft Access 2010 has stopped working

Had this problem since we upgraded to Office 2010 from the 2007 version.
Our access application has a frontend of 20MB, and a backend on an SQL2005 (now trying to pass on 2008).
I solved my problem after reading a lot…
I opened up my Access application by pressing the Shift button, so I bypassed all startup forms and logins.
Opened up a module, not a particular one!
Went on Debug>Compile <ProjectName> and voila…problematic old code started firing up error messages.
After I removed all the unnecessary parts of the code and changed with new refs/code the needed ones, I closed and reopened.
The database opened like a charm. I compacted and repair since this process made my db frontend went on 90MB and started working again with no problem.
Hope it works for you as well.
Have a good day 🙂20/10/2011 Update

The problem continues…

A quick resolution to this is:

“C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSACCESS.EXE” “C:\MyAccess.accdb” /decompile

where MyAccess is the name of your Database. The Database opens!

The solution above (posted from another user in

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/isvvba/thread/99a68e98-d9b7-448f-bc94-d06e994e9ec3 )

, regarding this decomplilation solution, is also posted by Microsoft on September 30,2011 on

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;2625046

However, till the time the issue with the Faulting module vbe7.dll is resolved, we have to figure out a way to to manage our access dbs. Since no matter what you do, even if you just make a new form the problem still comes back.

When you access db frontends are in production we need a SOLUTION asap!

PS. Have pending 12 Modules and modifications that I need to make in my access frontend and I cannot…
😦

12/1/2012 Update

Microsoft has released an Office 2010 patch on 12/12/2011 which is the ultimate solution to this problem.  This patch worked great for me (even repairing the previous corrupted databases without the need to decompile).

The kbs you may refer for this are:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;2625046

and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2596585

The patch (both 32 and 64 bit) can be found at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2553385


One more issue down….plenty to go 🙂

Creativepeople.gr

Advertisements

About cpsaroudakis

IT professional, founder of CreativePeople.gr

Posted on October 18, 2011, in Everyday IT issues, MS Access and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: